If you think you would be a good fit to work at Ariel Gordon Jewelry, please email us your resume and a little information about why you'd like to work together.
Ariel Gordon Jewelry is looking for a driven and nimble Special Projects Manager who understands that AGJ is a small team of dedicated employees and requires flexibility, initiative, open communication, and planning to function smoothly. This position will act as the glue that holds the various departments (Production, E-Commerce, Customer Experience, Marketing, Wholesale, Office Administration, etc.). You will partner with Ariel on company projects and toggle between teams to help ensure the smooth flow of operations. Every day will be different as this position will be filling in where the team needs them most depending on overall workflow - one day could be answering customer service emails, the next day prepping for a photo shoot, the next day processing jewelry repairs, the next helping Ariel with a special project, and the next assembling ring sizers for mailers. This person will assist with jewelry QC, receiving inventory back from production and checking it off of POs then proceeding to pre-package jewelry backstock. This person will help maintain the website (product pages, collection assortment, images, descriptions, inventory). They will merchandise the website as product assortment evolves. They will be responsible for tagging products appropriately for collections and site functionality. They will help coordinate photo imagery to maintain and archive digital asset databases - product photography, user-generated content, lookbook photography, etc. They will support all day-to-day office functions (answering phones, mail, receiving packages, filing). This role will provide assistance to the entire team to keep operations at optimal performance.
In essence, you will provide assistance to the entire team to keep operations at optimal performance. This role requires a willingness to jump in on various tasks on the fly and the personal initiative to recognize where the team needs you most. This requires a detail-oriented mindset, a solutions-based thinker, and a well-spoken, quick-typing, and proactive individual. We are a rapidly growing company in need of someone who is enthusiastic, responsible, and flexible. Every day will be different as you will be filling in where we need you most depending on our workflow. This is the perfect position for someone with a desire to work with a stylish company and creative team. Previous jewelry experience is not needed.
Must be based in the Bay Area. We are a rapidly growing company in need of someone who is enthusiastic, responsible, and nimble. This is the perfect position for someone with a desire to work with a stylish company and creative team. Previous jewelry experience is not needed.
- Assist Ariel and the team with any / all projects
- Support all day-to-day office functions (phones, mail, receiving packages, filing)
- Keep the office tidy and presentable
- Make sound, well-informed, and objective decisions that positively impact business results
- Must have a strong sense of urgency to accomplish daily tasks in a timely manner
- Attend company functions, events, photo shoots, meetings as necessary
- Stay aware of all planned events, press days, interviews, and gifting to help with planning and execution
- Assist with website maintenance and upkeep (merchandising collection pages, updating product pages, imagery asset management, descriptions, etc). Knowledge of Shopify is required
- Create new product pages - uploading images and videos, prices, variants, descriptions, etc.
- Run point on our annual archive sale and all the back-of-house web preparation that is needed for this
- Tag products appropriately for collections and site functionality
- Assist Wholesale team with orders and fulfillment
- Assist with quality control of merchandise
- Help with Consignment pulls and organization
- Packing and preparing for Trade shows and trunk shows
- Receiving RTV’s
PRODUCTION & ORDER FULFILLMENT
- Become product knowledge and brand expert, able to speak to all products confidently and with ease
- Assist E-Commerce Manager, Production Manager, and Client Experience Manager with the timely fulfillment of all web orders, wholesale orders, custom orders, and repairs
- Assist with the preparation of job bags for vendor purchase orders
- Assist with quality control of merchandise that comes back from vendors
- Assist with receiving inventory back from production and check it off of POs
- Pre-package jewelry backstock
- Pre-assemble shipping and packaging components. Monitor their inventory and reorder as needed
MARKETING & SAMPLE COORDINATION
- Run point on imagery asset management after in-house photoshoots to ensure that it is cataloged internally correctly and uploaded to the website properly (product photography, user-generated content, lookbook photography, etc.)
- Coordinate with marketing team to facilitate pulls / checking merchandise in and out / monitoring timeliness of returns
- Stay involved with all planned events, press days, interviews, gifting to help execute flawlessly
- Maintain jewelry sample line for use in-house, trade shows, private sales, showroom appointments and photoshoots
- Assist Client Experience Manager during peak season rushes
- Communicate brand tone in every interaction
- Be available to work with clients in studio, via zoom, phone, email, or chat in a timely and friendly manner (knowledge of Zendesk is helpful but not required)
- Solve customer issues quickly, efficiently, and compassionately
- Go the extra mile to help the team and satisfy customer needs and expectations.
- Model world-class customer experience in all interactions and escalations with customers
- Continuously look for new ways to engage with customers and assist with inquiries
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A minimum 1-3 years experience of relevant office experience
- College or Junior College Degree
- Knowledge and understanding of AGJ’s product and brand. Eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test and learn
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented, analytical, organized, self-motivated, punctual
- Creative problem solver of everyday office issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Knowledge and aptitude for working with e-commerce + technology (Shopify, Zendesk, Quickbooks, Slack, Google Docs, Google Drive, Airtable, etc). Knowledge of Shopify required. Working knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) a huge plus.
- Must be proficient at data entry exercises in shopify, quickbooks, excel, etc.
- Must be based in Bay Area (our offices are based in Berkeley)
- This is a full time position from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm with salary pay
- Salary ranges from $65,000 - $68,000 and is commensurate with experience
- 100% paid medical benefits
- 100% paid Life Insurance policy
- 401k matching & profit sharing
- Paid sick leave & vacation
- Paid time off during AGJ office closure from Christmas through New Year
- Birthday Program - receive cash towards the wholesale price of an AGJ piece
- Generous employee discount
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Free parking
Ariel Gordon Jewelry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ariel Gordon Jewelry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.