Class Is In Session!
Looking for gorgeous layers but can't quite get it right? Ariel breaks down how to get the look — and avoid a chaingle — when wearing your fave necklaces.
When it comes to layering necklaces, there's an art to avoid the "chaingle," that pesky tangle of chains that can happen when you're wearing more than one. Ariel break down the easiest way to layer to your heart's content—and avoid any tangling.
1. Mix & match different chain types + chain thicknesses. This will help let everything lay the way it's intended and give you the look you want. The different weights and textures will help you avoid a "chaingle."
2. It's a misconception that in order to get expert layers, you need to work with necklaces of differing lengths. You can always wear necklaces that are the same length as long as they have a really different vibe going on.
"The secret is layering on chains that have different textures and thicknesses. This will ensure that they play nice."
3. Be aware: the more delicate the chain, the more likely it is to tangle. I advise against layering 2 delicate chains that are the same style (ie 2 thin cable chains will definitely tangle). if you want to layer a delicate chain, be sure to pair it with something a little more substantial so they don't tangle
4. If you want to cheat different lengths, a chain extender is a great (and versatile) solution
5. Always remember, it's finding the perfect combination of textures and styles to find that perfect layered look.