We at Ariel Rose Inc (dba Ariel Gordon Jewelry) are dedicated to protecting your data privacy and safety. At Ariel Gordon Jewelry, we respect your privacy, and we are committed to safeguard information you have entrusted to us. We place a high value in upholding high standards when it comes to protecting the privacy of our community members. Your preferences as to use of your information are our priority; we take seriously the protection and proper use of your personal information.
- What personally and non-personally identifiable information we collect from you through the Website.
- How we use the information we collect. With whom the information may be shared.
- The kind of procedures we employ in an effort to hinder the unauthorized access, use or disclosure of information you provide to us.
- Information related to links to third-party websites.
- The laws that apply to those accessing our Websites from outside of the United States.
- How you can learn about changes to our privacy policies, practices and procedures.
- How you can opt out from our communications.
- Other rights that you may have.
- Specific provisions related to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE AND HOW IT'S USED
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a customer, user, applicant or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
You may freely visit our Websites anonymously and without being required to provide us with any personal information. However, certain requests and features do require that you provide us with some personally identifying information as more particularly described below. Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact you. We only collect the personal information you willingly provide to use. Please do not send confidential information to us directly through this Websites, or by email to any of the contact email addresses listed on this Websites.
Ariel Gordon Jewelry may collect personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, or birthday when you visit our Website, place an order with us, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, share an item with another person, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We also maintain a record of the purchases you make online or by phone. We do not store or share credit card information. Please note that we work with third parties to host and administer the shop, and to process your payment transactions, and any information you share may also be shared with such third parties. We may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase products to be shipped to someone else. We may disclose information when you tell us to do so, to identify or contact you, to protect your rights or the rights of Ariel Gordon Jewelry or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online, in our stores or through direct mailers. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our “Select Partners” and others, including providers of third-party cookie and other third-party browsing and use data. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, and to recognize our customers so that we can communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS AND HOW WE USE IT
We also collect certain non-personal information (data in a form that does not support direct association with any specific person or individual) by automated means when you visit the Websites. Much of this information is collected through the use of third-party tracking services, which includes Google Analytics. The information collected may include usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of users to the Websites, websites visitors come from and go to and from our Website, pages visited, web browsing histories, online purchases and searches, demographic segmentation, social networking activities and similar data. When gathered, this data, if used, is used in the aggregate, and not in a manner that is intended to identify you personally. This type of aggregate information may be shared with third parties at any time. In addition to the third-party tracking services mentioned above, we also collect this information through various other means, including "cookies” and IP addresses, as further explained below.
- Login Information - As further detailed below, we collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our Website.
- IP Addresses - When you visit and interact with the Websites, we or third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services for us may collect Internet Protocol addresses (each an "IP Address"), as well as browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and page navigation. An IP Address is a unique identifier number that certain electronic devices use to identify and to communicate with each other on the Internet; your Internet Service Provider automatically assigns an IP Address to the computer that you are using. We gather this information to track Websites visitor movement in the aggregate, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Our goal in gathering this information is to learn how our customers and the public are using our Websites. We may use this information to enhance our Websites or for other lawful purposes.
- Transaction Information - When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
- Web Beacons – Our Websites may contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. Web beacons also may be used to track whether you have opened an HTML email. When the email is opened, a part of the code that makes up the HTML page calls a web server to load the web beacon that then generates a record showing that the email has been viewed. Web beacons may also recognize when the email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URLs (links within the email) were clicked.
- Do Not Track - Every time your computer sends or receives information over the Web, the request begins with some short pieces of information called “headers.” These headers include information like what browser you are using, what language your computer is set to, and other details. The Do Not Track technology provides individual users with the ability to include a simple, machine-readable header indicating that they don't want to be tracked, and sends a signal to Web sites' visited requesting that the website disable either its tracking or cross-site user tracking of an individual user. Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari – offer a “do not track” option. Presently, there is no consensus on how Do Not Track should be interpreted, and no common or accepted industry standard for implementing. Consequently, please note that AGJ’s Websites does not currently respond to browsers' Do Not Track signals, and as such your activities will be tracked, regardless of whether you have opted to enable the Do Not Track option offered by your browser.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
At Ariel Gordon Jewelry, we use the information which we gather from you to provide and improve our services, and to communicate with you, including, but not limited to:
Fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Facilitate and improve your online shopping experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services;
- Processing applications and transactions; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services or device;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
Provide you with additional content and Services, such as:
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services, such as by email or SMS;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; and
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
Use De-identified and Aggregated Information:
We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
Share Content with Friends or Colleagues:
Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.
How We Use Automatic Collection Technologies:
- Operationally Necessary: This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related: We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related: We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related: We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
Notice Regarding Third Party Websites, Social Media Platforms and Software Development Kits:
The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
We may use third party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties including analytics and advertising partners to collect your personal information for various purposes including to provide analytics services and content that is more relevant to you. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our “Select Partners.” In such cases we might exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf; We may share your information with third parties including our agents, service providers, and consultants as needed for them to provide business-related services to us. Such third parties may manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud monitoring, identity verification, processing credit card payments, email or mail delivery and administration, promotion fulfillment, surveys or data analysis, etc. We ask third parties with whom we share your information to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours and applicable law and we provide them with only the information they need in order to perform their services for us.
- We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
- We may work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
- We may share information with third party marketing partners for commercial and advertising purposes to serve specific types of materials including marketing and promotional material distribution (such as direct mail marketing), promotions fulfillment and website evaluation.
- From time to time we may share, exchange and/or cross-reference our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘PRIVACY’ in the subject line. You will need to provide your full name and mailing address to be added to our DO NOT MAIL list.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable U.S. law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party; and with your consent or at your direction.
- It is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of AGJ or the merger of AGJ into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which AGJ is not the survivor,
- AGJ is required or permitted to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) to comply with a subpoena, legal process, government request or any other legal obligation, or (ii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Websites or our network.
We may share personal information with certain third parties that perform services on our behalf. The services provided may include, but is not limited to: operating the Site, hosting the Site, providing the products you purchase and request, authorization and processing of your payments, product fulfillment and package delivery, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, serving certain types of advertisements to you, marketing and promotional material distribution (including direct mail marketing), promotions, fulfillment, and Site evaluation. Some third-party technology partners that may have access to your information include but aren’t limited to
- Google Analytics
- Shop Pay
- Apple Pay
- Amazon Pay
- Return Magic
For a complete list of data processors as related to your personal information, please email email@example.com with “Privacy” in the subject line.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY/NOTE TO PARENTS
The Websites do not intentionally or knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors to our Websites that are less than 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits information to us through any part of the Websites and AGJ becomes aware that the user submitting the information is under the age of 13, the information provided will be deleted as soon as it is discovered and not used for any purpose. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at the address below and be sure to include in your message the same user name and password and/or email address that you believe your child submitted, if applicable: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if you reside in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, users must be 16 years of age or older, and any registration by, use of or access to the Website by anyone under 16 is unauthorized, as further clarified below.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/LINKS
We may also provide links to a variety of third-party social media sites and/or websites – such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram - as a service to you, and in order to provide you i) additional information and/or content related AGJ, or ii) additional venues in which you can learn about and discuss the activities of AGJ. Please note that we have no affiliation with any of these other parties and/or websites, and cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection, use, and disclosure practices of such third parties; we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices and policies, if any, before using providing any personally identifying information to them. We are not responsible for the content or information of these websites, or any other use of the linked website.
HOW WE ATTEMPT TO SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain – and request that any third-party partners who may store information on our behalf to maintain – administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Websites designed to protect your personal information against theft, loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information that we collect from you. However, no website, application or transmission can guarantee security. Thus, while we have established and maintain what we believe to be reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personally identifying information obtained through the Websites and we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. When you link to one of the social media venues provided on the Websites, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances, and understand, acknowledge, and agree that you transmit certain personal information over this Websites at your own risk.
USE OF THE WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
SPECIAL NOTICE TO EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, SWITZERLAND AND UNITED KINGDOM USERS
We strive to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may act, depending on the circumstances, as either or both a Controller and a Processor of personal data (as these terms are defined in the GDPR). We act as the Controller of information that we ask you to provide to create an account and information that we automatically collect when you use the Service. We act as the Processor of user-generated content and information provided to us by third parties or other websites. EEA users have the right to request access to personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct their personal data. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us at email@example.com for additional assistance.
The following provisions applies only to users residing in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In May of 2018 a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) went into effect. Pursuant to GDPR, we are required to provide those residing in the EEA, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (hereinafter, the “EU Users”) additional information and rights related to the Personal Information we collect about them. For the purposes of this GDPR Privacy Notice section, "Personal Information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. We summarize such information and rights below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
PURPOSE TO INFORMATION COLLECTED
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
AGJ will process Personal Information that we receive from EU Users on the ground that it is in our legitimate interest for the effective administration of the Website, or to fulfill and/or address your requests.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR CHOICES; WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
GDPR provides EU Users with additional rights in respect to the Personal Information we hold about you, including
How to access your information and your other rights:
- The right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details).
- Your right to correction (rectification): If the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it corrected.
- Your right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Your right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of Personal Information we've obtain from you.
- Your right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we've handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the relevant supervisory authority.
We will respond to any such above requests within a reasonable timeframe. Some of these rights may be in circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided in data protection legislation in general, and GDPR in particular, or where the Personal Information may be exempt from disclosure due the applicable rules of professional conduct, attorney-client privilege, legal professional privilege, other applicable privileges or protections, or professional secrecy obligations.
Please also note we may need to retain certain Personal Information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual Personal Information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. Additionally, please note that we are not responsible for removing or deleting information from the databases of third parties (such as service providers) with whom we have shared information about you, but we will make the request on your behalf for such removal/deletion.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, or otherwise as is reasonable and customary given the nature of the relationship you have with AGJ. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. Otherwise, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We have a data retention and destruction plan that dictates the policies and procedures related to deletion and/or destruction of all information/data
THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS AND OTHER DATA PROCESSORS
We may appoint subcontractor data processors as required to deliver the services, such as, without limitation, IT systems or software providers, IT Support service providers, and document and information storage providers, who will process PII on our behalf and at our direction. We conduct an appropriate level of due diligence and put in place contractual documentation in relation to any sub-contractor to ensure that they process PII appropriately and according to our legal and regulatory obligations.
CHANGES TO THIS GDPR PRIVACY NOTE
We may make changes to this GDPR Privacy Notice from time to time, to reflect changes in our practices. We may also make changes as required to comply with changes in applicable law or regulatory requirements. Where we materially change this Privacy Notice, we will take steps to notify you (such as by posting a notice on the Website or via email), and where required by applicable law to obtain your consent.
California Residents Privacy Rights
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block advertising trackers.
- Platform settings. Using the opt-out settings offered by some of the advertising companies that we work with.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in opt-out programs, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you. Our sharing of information may also constitute as a “sale” as defined under the CCPA. You may submit a request to opt-out of this information sharing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy” in the subject line.
YOUR CCPA RIGHTS
As a California resident, you have the following rights as of January 1, 2020: Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months: The categories of Personal Information that we have collected; The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information; The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information; The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information disclosed to each category of third party recipient; Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
You can opt-out of any “sale” of your Personal Information as defined in the CCPA.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process these requests and will need to confirm your identity. Government-issued identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing a valid power of attorney or other proof of authority acceptable to us in our reasonable discretion, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification. You can submit a request to opt-out of sales of your Personal Information. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient information to allow us to understand and respond to it. In certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, or if you would like to opt out of our rental or exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know. In the U.S., please submit your information here or send us an email at email@example.com with “PRIVACY” in the subject line.. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way.
If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6–8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
Ariel Rose Inc.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
448 S Hill St #818
Los Angeles, CA 90013
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Last Updated: April 19, 2021